- Sudden jerks: Driving on bumpy roads at high speed for a prolonged period can alter the alignment of your car wheels.
- Faulty suspension: Worn-out and damaged suspension components can also affect the wheel alignment.
Other causes of wheel misalignment include:
- Incorrect tyre pressure
- Modifications in the height of your vehicle without corresponding suspension tuning, etc.
Symptoms of misaligned wheels
Some of the prominent signs of wheel misalignment include:
- Inconsistency in treadwear: If you notice irregular tread patterns on the edges of your car tyres, the wheels are possibly out of alignment.
- Vibrations in the steering wheel: Any change in the caster angle of your vehicle can cause odd vibrations in the steering wheel, thus impacting its responsiveness. It also causes direct damage to the vehicle handling ability.
- Car drifting to one side: Is your vehicle unable to maintain a straight line of motion? Cars with incorrect camber angles tend to veer off on either side instead of moving in a straight line. As a result, your vehicle’s cornering abilities reduce significantly.
Other signs include:
Why should you choose our garage for wheel alignment?
At our facility, our professionals will examine the following wheel angles:
- Camber: This is the angle at which the car wheels tilt when you view them from the front.
- Toe: It refers to the angle at which the car wheels tilt when viewed from above. A vehicle with inaccurate toe alignment fails to move in a straight line.
- Caster: Caster is the angle of the steering axis when you view it from the side. Incorrect caster angle reduces the cornering ability of your car.
Our experts will adjust your vehicle’s wheel alignment Mansfield as per the specifications set by the manufacturer.
Are you still searching for a ‘wheel alignment garage near me’? It is time you choose us.
For more information on wheel alignment Mansfield, visit our facility or call 01623 836000.